Kale, Kidney and Sausage Soup
Kale, White Kidney & Sausage Soup
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces chorizo or andouille sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups white navy beans
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken broth
- 1.5 cups fresh kale, chopped and stems removed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sliced parmesan or white cheddar
- Warm up the oil in a large pot.
- Slice the chorizo sausage and fry them over med heat until the centre is cooked and all sides are seared.
- Add the mirepoix (onions, celery, carrots) stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes, beans and seasonings and then pour in broth. Remove from heat.
- Add roughly chopped kale.
- Garnish with sliced parmesan or white cheddar.
- I like the kale to have a bit of texture. If you want it softer add it in before you remove the pot from heat. This is one of those soups that can get really high in sodium if you use canned goods and store bought broth. Opt for fresh tomatoes and/or dry beans that have soaked in water overnight.
Grace, Truth & Lemons http://gracetruthandlemons.com/