Write a review
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chorizo or andouille sausages, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, tails removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice or orzo.
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot
- Sear edges of sausages over medium-high heat, flipping once.
- Add shrimp and cook until red, flipping once.
- Add in garlic, onions, celery and carrot and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add in bell pepper, tomatoes, seasonings, broth and rice or orzo.
- Simmer on low 20 minutes.
Grace, Truth & Lemons http://gracetruthandlemons.com/