Chicken Caesar Soup
Chicken caesar soup
Write a review
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup white navy beans
- 4 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sliced parmesan
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Insert lettuce into boiling water for 1-2 mins, strain and immediately insert into ice water. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken flipping once until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions and celery until softened. Remove from heat
- Add navy beans and lettuce.
- Using immersion or upright blender (in small batches) puree the mixture together with the broth. Return to large pot.
- Stir in the caesar dressing and milk. Add the chicken.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish & serve.
- The first steps with the lettuce are optional, but they give the soup brilliant colour and lock in nutrients. I used white navy beans instead of heavy cream to give the soup a creamy taste and texture.
Grace, Truth & Lemons http://gracetruthandlemons.com/