Carrot & Caramelized Onion
Carrot & Caramelized Onion Soup
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium or homemade broth
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Warm up the butter over low heat and add the sliced onion. Simmer on low for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile warm up the olive oil in a medium pot.
- Add the mirepoix (garlic, onions, celery and carrots) over medium-high heat until softened.
- Using an immersion or upright blender (in small batches) puree the vegetables together with the broth.
- Add cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with caramelized onions and fresh parsley.
Grace, Truth & Lemons http://gracetruthandlemons.com/